- Start with a style guide, not with how but with you. So, the developers are convinced to follow that.
- Meaningful names for functions
5 Second rule
- If you make your code readable in 5 seconds, then its easily maintainable.
- Make the intentions clear.
- Organize for readability. Properties followed by methods
- Smaller functions
Less then 20 lines of code
Choose a convention
function getCustomers() function fetchAdmins() function pullOwners()
function getCustomers() function getAdmins() function getOwners()
- Consistent naming and spellings matter
Provide Clarity through code not comments
Less comments - Comments can mislead - Code might change underlying comment might not